How antiviruses really help our devices?
Norton antivirus is a program software that keeps the computer of the user safe from the malware attacks. It is an antivirus also an anti malware software program that has been developed and distributed as a computer security product from Norton family by Symantec Corporation . It uses the programmed signatures and patterns to identify viruses if any, some other features include e-mail spam filter and phishing protections. It is a downloadable product, a box copy and an OEM software. Norton Anti Virus and Norton Internet Security, a related product runs on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS. It was May 1989, when Symantec launched an Antivirus for Macintosh (SAM), and by the August 1990 Symantec acquired a process (Peter Norton Computing) from Peter Norton. His company had developed various kinds of DOS utilities which include Norton utilities as well, and these utilities did not include any kind of antivirus features. Continuing the development of the acquired technologies from Norton, These technologies and products were marketed under the name of “Norton” having the tagline as “from Symantec”. In the year 1991, computers in USA were invaded by various types of foreign virus attacks and this infection became a serious problem. That time Symantec launched the first product from their Norton Group which came to be known as Norton Anti Virus for the PC’s and all of its compatible computers.
By the year of 2004, introduction of product activation was introduced in Norton Antivirus, and more than 3.5 million Norton products were sold as per the estimation. This antivirus came up with the alphanumeric code to identify the configuration of the computers and was responsible to tie in with its product key. There was a feature that a user can use the same product key to activate their product five times. In the year 2005 a new version was launched in which the Spyware and the adware detection and their removal were added as a feature. Since then Symantec keep on upgrading their Norton product, some of the versions include Version 2006 (13.0), Version 2007 (14.0), Version 2008 (15.0), Vision 2009 (16.0), Vision 2010 (17.0), Version 2011 (18.0), Version 2012 (19.0), Version 2013 (20.0), Version 2014 (21.0), Version 2016 (22.0). In these versions, Norton had been upgrading its User Interface (UI), as well as its signatures and patterns to identify or we can say detect the infected files, malicious links and online attacks. Some of the features in the latest Version of Norton and Norton Internet Security are as under: • Real time Scan • Quick Scan • Full computer Scan • Safe Browsing • Identity Safe • Life Lock • Cloud Based Controls • Network Defense layer • Threat-removal • Scam Insight
Procedure to cancel Norton antivirus automatic renewal
By default Norton comes up with the turned on auto renewal feature, in order to safeguard your computer from all kind of malicious activities, virus attacks and threats. By this feature, your subscription to Norton Antivirus and services will be renewed automatically when the date of expiration comes closer.
However, keeping this feature turned off becomes the priority to many users, as just to control the renewal process in their own hands.
Though a user can even conveniently cancel Norton Antivirus Automatic Renewal feature by the means of www.norton.com/setup
To customize your Norton Subscription check out this article and in case of any issues or problems feel free to get in touch with Norton Support.
Check out the process to Cancel Norton Antivirus Automatic Renewal and to send a refund request
Follow the mentioned steps below to cancel Norton Antivirus Renewal feature
- It is must that you have your Norton Account Credentials, to login into your account.
- Make it sure that your internet is working fine and then launch any of the web browser on your computer.
- Go to norton.com/setup from your browser.
- The Norton web page will appear on your screen, on the top right corner of that web page there will be an option of sign in.
- Click on sign in and you will be redirected to the Sign in page of Norton.
- In here, you have to enter your Norton Credentials such as username and password in the given blocks provided on the web page, making it sure that you are signing in the same Norton Account that you had used for purchasing the
- There after you have to click on the sign in button, to sign in to your account.
- Go to the subscription tab in your account.
- Click on Subscription in the list and you will find the button to turn off your Auto Renewal.
- Then save these settings.
You can now sign out of your Norton Account, with all of your setting saved.
System Requirements of Norton Antivirus:
For Microsoft Windows Computer:
- All versions of Microsoft OS Windows 10.
- All versions of Microsoft OS Windows 8/8.1 or later. But in few cases of windows 8 start screen browsers some of the features are not available.
- All Versions of Microsoft OS Windows 7 with service pack 1 and later.
For Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, it is must to have a processor of at least 1 GHz
For Microsoft Windows 10, the RAM must be 2 GB.
For Microsoft Windows 7/8, the RAM must be 1 GB (for 32-bit) or 2 GB (for 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Space:
For Norton Antivirus the available hard disk space must be 300 MB.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Some of the feature could be missing in IE 10 ore above.
For Mac Computers
It is a best practice for a user to update their Operating systems to their latest versions and Norton Strongly encourages and recommends a user if they are using a MAC computer to upgrade to the latest Versions of MAC OS X
Norton Antivirus is supported only on MAC OS X (10.7.5). If you are having the earlier versions of MAC, upgrade it to the latest Supported Versions.
- Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon Processor are the recommended processors for MAC Computers.
- Minimum requirement of RAM is 2GB.
- The available hard disk space must be 300 MB.
- For live updates you should be connected to best Internet Connection.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
For Mobile Devices:
System Requirements for Android Mobile Devices:
- Android 4.1 or later versions.
Device Requirements for Android Mobile devices and tablets:
- 15 MB storage space is recommended for the Android mobile devices and tablets.
Supported Browsers for the protection of Web:
- Google Chrome Version 18 or later
- Mozilla Firefox version 37.0.2 or later
- Opera Version 8 or later
- and its Standard Browsers
Anti Theft features are available once the user gets his device registered and for that active Internet connection is recommended.
System Requirements for iOS mobile devices:
- For Apple iOS mobile device users current or previous couple of versions is recommended for their iPhone or iPads.
System Requirements for Windows mobile devices:
- Norton Antivirus Mobile Security is not compatible for Microsoft Windows mobile devices.